Weaving Hand is a Brooklyn based weaving studio and healing arts center. We celebrate a fusion of traditional and contemporary weaving techniques with our studio classes, workshops, commissions, outreach programs and exhibitions all while embracing sustainable and ethical practices.
As a healing arts center, Weaving Hand uses weaving as a creative tool to enhance developmental programs for adults and children with intellectual, emotional and physical disabilities.
We value the evolving teachings and conversations surrounding this rich art form. We continually expand our knowledge by collaborating locally as well as internationally with weavers in Asia, Central and South America, Africa and Europe.
Weaving Hand Member benefits include:
- 10% off all classes and loom rentals
- Open studio time on the first Saturday of each month: Weave on our looms, bring your own projects or develop new ones — and share your work with other artists.
- Free admission to special events and lectures
- Members may have the chance to exhibit their work in the Weaving Hand gallery space. The proceeds of any work sold will go entirely to the artist.
- Lead your own workshop: We welcome proposals from members interested in becoming workshop instructors for new Weaving Hand classes.