Weaving Hand embraces global weaving traditions, fosters working partnerships with an international community of weavers, and operates as a healing arts center. By engaging with artists from both historic weaving, traditional and contemporary fiber arts, Weaving Hand celebrates a fusion of ideas and techniques through travel, studio classes, workshops, outreach programs and exhibitions.
As a healing arts center, Weaving Hand uses weaving as a creative tool to enhance a range of development programs for children and adults with intellectual, emotional and physical disabilities.
We continue to expand our knowledge by collaborating globally with weavers in Guatemala, Bhutan, Tibet, the Flores Islands of Indonesia and the Philippines. We value the evolving teachings and conversations surrounding this rich art form.
Weaving Hand Member benefits include:
- 10% off all classes and loom rentals
- Open studio time on the first Saturday of each month: Weave on our looms, bring your own projects or develop new ones — and share your work with other artists.
- Free admission to special events and lectures
- Members may have the chance to exhibit their work in the Weaving Hand gallery space. The proceeds of any work sold will go entirely to the artist.
- Lead your own workshop: We welcome proposals from members interested in becoming workshop instructors for new Weaving Hand classes.